The laryngeal mask airway (LMA) is a supraglottic airway device often used for surgical procedures in which endotracheal intubation is not necessary. The device is inserted through the oral cavity into the area behind the mouth and nose to allow ventilation, oxygenation, and administration of anesthetic gases. This temporary method allows patients to maintain an open airway during administration and can serve as an immediate life-saving measure in patients with difficult or failed airways.
The HSI’s laryngeal mask consists of an inflatable cuff, a tube, and connection port for syringe insertion. The device is inserted in the back of the tongue with the cuff deflated. Once in place, a syringe is connected to the port to inflate the cuff and maintain a seal above the glottis to establish an airway. Designed for maximum efficiency and visibility, an x-ray line is included on the tubing to enable doctors and nurses to check if it has been inserted correctly.
HSI Medical’s laryngeal masks are available in various materials and sizes to ensure optimal fit. Not only does our product guarantee the highest quality and exceptional value for suppliers, it is designed for medical workers to deliver the best patient care with ease.
- Highest medical-grade materials, including silicone or DEHP free PVC
- Both disposable and reusable models are available
- Reusable model can be reutilized for over 40 times
- X-ray line on tubing design for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Features low pressure seal around laryngeal inlet and gentle positive pressure ventilation